Membership does have its privileges! They include:
- Free entrance into my monthly workshop or, if there’s no workshop, a Q&A video just for members – you ask the questions, I answer them
- Subscription (paid level) to my Weight And Healthcare newsletter on Substack. (https://weightandhealthcare.substack.com/)
- Discounts on my stuff (books, dance classes, workshops etc.) whenever possible
- Special deals and discounts from other people who provide awesome fat-positive products and services for people of all sizes. These include:
- A monthly emailing detailing the work that your membership supports
- Advance notice and first dibs on my talks, books, DVDs, workshops etc.
- Plus you’ll get that happy feeling from supporting a hardworking Fat Activist!
Much of my activism, including this blog, as well as thousands of e-mails/Facebook messages etc that I answer each month, and dozens of free and reduced-fee talks that I give each year, are supported through memberships instead of corporate sponsorships or ads. The membership is just ten bucks a month and is critical to my activism – it keeps the blog ad free, gives me the time to answer the e-mails and Facebook messages I get every day from people (including lots of teachers and students) seeking advice and support, write a blog and create social media content that a lot of readers tell me is a lifeline to them, and coordinate projects and communities like the Fit Fatties Forum, HAES Health Sheets, and Rolls Not Trolls, as well as letter writing campaigns, petitions, and more. It also means that I’m supported by the people who value my work, rather than being beholden to corporate advertisers.
Click here to become a member, (it works in currencies around the world to make it easy for my International readers).
Or don’t subscribe and continue to interact with the blog exactly as you always have and everything is completely copacetic and, seriously, (like my Mom used to tell my brother and I) I love you just the same!